Saturday, August 16, 2008

Up and Running!

Well, just a few very longgggggggggggg days after being rendered car-less, we are up and running again. Thank God! I have worked at my computer and on paperwork for so long I am feeling like I am losing my tropical tan.



Speaking of tropical tans, the Lord blessed me with a few THOUSAND tubes of Banana Boat Sun Tan Cream and I am sharing it with all the people I can find, who spend time in the sun. I am saving some for the surgical patients, where they can rub it on their scars, to keep the sun off.

We were also blessed with thousands of Tylenol and thousands of Ginkgo Biloba capsules.



I taught last Sunday at a church in San Lorenzo, Honduras on "The healing miracles of Jesus in the New Testament."

In researching for the study, I found that over 75% of the miracles that Jesus performed in the New Testament had to do with healing. As I was studying for the sermon, it occured to me that Jesus enjoyed healing the blind.

As we have helped people regain their eyesight through cataract surgery, I have been thrilled to see the reactions just a few short days after surgery. People lose their sight gradually with cataracts and only when the cataracts are removed and they can instantly see again, do they realize how bad they were.

Jesus said, Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Jesus was pleased that he preached the gospel to the poor, healed the brokenhearted, preached deliverance to the captives, gave the blind their sight and set at liberty the bruised! He is pleased when we follow in His footsteps and do the same.

In the midst of all the circumstances that life throws my way, rather than be discouraged, I am encouraged, because I know that I am doing what I was called to do! Flat tires, broken clutch plates, computer printers that don't work, lost brake shoes, canceled medical teams, and strange rashes and false accusations are all just a part of life on this planet. I have made up my mind to "keep on keeping on" in the words of my earthly dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment