Friday, August 22, 2008

Okra in Honduras!

That's right, I went to the Wal-Mart (we have one here in Honduras called Hyper Paiz) and they had OKRA. Being raised in the south, I was thrilled! As I am blogging, I am sitting here eating fried okra.



It is truly amazing the things which excite me. The other day, I found a Kansas City brand of BBQ sauce at the store, Kansas City Masterpiece. I was so excited I purchased a bottle and came home and made BBQ ribs.



Although KC Masterpiece is not my favorite BBQ Sauce, my friend Linda Bell has not come from Arkansas in a while to bring me Chip's BBQ Sauce which is my favorite.


Dr. Charles Paolantonio a chiropractor from Vermont brings me real Maple Syrup when he comes to volunteer. He has Maple trees in his yard.

His son was killed, an innocent bystander when two gangs started shooting at each other in the USA. Dr. Pal has made several trips to Honduras to volunteer with the medical teams as well as in the jail working with the 18th Street Gang.

To the left is a photo of "Mexicano" one of the 18th Street Gang members in the prison outside of Tegucigalpa. Yes, those are tattoos on his forehead and neck.

When Dr. Pal comes to Honduras, the guys line up for him to have him work on their backs and necks. He enjoys it and so do they because they feel better afterwards.

It has been a while since I have been to the prison. I need to go back again soon.

Tim, the mechanic had the truck for 2 full days. He put in new ball joints, which I had brought down from the USA in March and fixed all the other stuff, brakes, brake pistons etc. The good news is I am driving again. The bad news, he says I need a new "leaf spring" what ever that is. So the truck goes back in the shop next week IF I can find the part.

I have organized a Pastors Seminar for next week, Friday and Saturday and am preparing for that. Several other GRINGOS will be teaching with me. In June, 25 pastors came to the seminar and we shared good teaching for 2 full days. They were pleased and wanted another seminar quickly, so next weekend is the date.

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

No comments:

Post a Comment