Saturday, November 27, 2010

November 27, 2010 Giving Away Wheelchairs To People Who Came From El Paraiso


I received a telephone call this morning telling me...  "There are people looking for your place...  They have come all the way from Danli for wheelchairs"...  I thought to myself, "Might have been nice if they had called me before coming all that way."


So I quickly called a friend and asked if he could put together 4 wheelchairs... He agreed and I met them at his place to give away 
the wheelchairs.


The two men road in the back of the ambulance on hard metal seats sideways, with no air for 2 1/2 hours... Crammed in between the gurney and the seat.  


She and her mom rode in the front of the ambulance.


Here is the ambulance....  I still have no idea how they heard about me or the wheelchairs.  But they all pitched in and came together.  An advance warning telephone call would have been nice.  But then today might not have been exciting if I hadn't been required 
to change all my plans... 
Thank you Free Wheelchair Mission and Jack DeLoss Taylor Trust!  These people are now mobile thanks to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment