Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18, 2010 My Poodle Esther Is In Cromos Magazine

Today started out like any other day... Errands to run.. things to do... and the take Esther, my Honduran Champion Standard French Poodle to a photo shoot for Cromos magazine...


Knowing that there are always kinks in the traffic, I left planning to arrive 15 minutes early to White Mountain where the photo shoot was to take place...



But it was not to happen... at least the part about us arriving 15 minutes early was not to happen...  A semi tractor decided to totally block the entire road not allowing anyone to pass by for 45 minutes...


I patiently waited for my 15 minutes I had allowed extra time but as the minutes ticked by I started to get concerned... So I sent a security guard, from across the street with a message to move the truck where I could get by and the other 25 cars waiting behind me could get by.


The answer, someone was waiting for someone for permission to move the truck...  So I sent the security guard back with another message... The "Commissionado de Transito's" wife is calling her husband to make you move"...  (That was a way to bully the driver into moving, but it didn't work either) Translated that means that the top dog at the police department's wife is in the line of cars waiting and if you don't move immediately you will wish you had...


The response, "someone blocked the truck driver in and he couldn't quite make the turn to get out"...  By now I am 30 minutes late, I have been waiting for 45 minutes and still no movement from the truck or the driver... So I send the same security guard back again and I tell him, "Hay una mujer gringa atras de la fila quien dice en caso el chauffer no es capiz, ella si puedo mover el rastra."  For those of you who can understand Spanglish, I said, "There is a woman gringa in the line who says she can move the truck if you aren't capable."  Immediately the truck engine fired up and the truck was moved.  Moral of the story, Honduran men truck drivers are more afraid of a woman moving their truck and ruining their pride than they are of the police...  


Another Honduran lesson in culture learned...


Below is the photo of Esther in the magazine... and to top it all off, the model nor the photographers were not the least bit concerned that we were 45 minutes late.



No comments:

Post a Comment