Friday, November 12, 2010

What A Month!!!!


 The last few weeks have been very busy.  Sometimes I felt really burdened down with all the things which I needed to get done.  But all things are possible through Christ who strengthens me.



There were times when I fell into bed at night so tired, I didn't even remember to eat dinner. But man shall not live by bread alone but by every word which proceeds out of the mouth of God.


There were times when I felt like the harder I worked on my "To Do" list the more things were piled on top of me to do.  In other words my "To Do" list multiplied.  But I rejoiced in the Lord.


There were days when I wondered to myself, "Why did I leave the USA and move to another nation with another language, with other customs?"  And then I remembered that I am a stranger here on earth and my real home is in heaven.  I also remembered that every Christian is called to go into all the world and preach the gospel.  We are all called to help others.  The Bible says, "When we give a cup of water, we are lending to God."


I didn't have time to even stop and smell the roses, but I decided that I would bathe myself in perfume, I even sprayed my sheets with perfume one evening because I just wanted to smell roses.  
Joy perfume to the rescue!


I awoke every morning early and studied my way through part of 1 Kings and part of 2 Samuel.  I am not sure why I ended up in those books this week, it just happened.  I really liked to read about Hannah praising the Lord.


On the days when I was most tired, I thought about all the people who were tired and had no hope.  I have hope.  I have Jesus in my life.  I am blessed to be able to help people.
I hope to get caught up on 2 months of BLOGGING which I am really late getting out.  My computer died and had to go to the computer hospital.  Before it finally died, it was on a downhill slide for 2 months.  I couldn't upload photos and thus I couldn't write and publish my BLOG.  The computer was resurrected and thus I am writing this BLOG to give some insight into my last few weeks and months.  


There were car problems, still no residency, water problems, two friends fighting cancer, some of my checking accounts were closed when my bank where I have been for 20 years sold out some of their branches (try to fix that from 1,000 miles away) which made for more problems which snowballed, none of the problems were my fault, but I had to mess with them and thank God for a mom and dad which were there to help me.  Thank God that He will never leave me or forsake me and He is always by my side.  Thank God for family.  I feel like I am God's favorite.  Is that possible?


There were some highlights in the middle of all the busy-ness.  I received word that the book which I have written will be published by January 1st.  That is GREAT NEWS!
A water well was dug in Triumfo, Choluteca and it will help many people.  Many wheelchairs were given away.  Photos will follow but with the earlier dated BLOGS, since I can now upload photos to the already drafted BLOGS.  


When I look at the above photos, I am so thankful for all my blessings. I am glad I don't have to move around like this.  I am blessed, I am blessed, I am blessed.

I think ALL of the above pictures were taken by a French photographer, Alain Delorme in Shanghai,China throughout 2009 & 2010. He called the series, Totems.  

1 comment: