Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 11, 2010 Dr. Heger Made My Day!

Dear Teresa,

I’m not sure if you will remember my name but I am Rodrick Heger.  I traveled with SMART on two trips in the early 90’s as a young college student with aspirations to become a physician.  Well, it is now almost 20 years later and I am a board certified Family Physician.  I have been thinking about SMART and was wanting to get involved as a doctor to help.  Is the organization still functioning??  Hope to hear from  you soon.

Sincerely,

Rodrick Heger DO

Yes, this is a note I received by email today...  It is notes like these which make me so happy.  In the years which we have been bringing teams to Honduras, we have had many physicians and nurses brings their sons and daughters, other kids have tagged along to help the teams.  Even Boy Scout Troops have brought their guys to learn about service in a poor country.

Many of those kids are now in medical school, or have completed medical school and are now doctors...  

When I see the influence that helping others can have on people's lives, I am always awed.  I am thankful to be able to help others...  Have you helped anyone lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment