Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011 Beans In The Bodega


Volunteer, Roger, helping unload beans...

I have found that many of the things which I do in Honduras help other ministries.  This is one example... A few weeks ago I received a call from a pastor friend who asked if he could use my "bodega" (Spanish for warehouse) to store some beans... "Sure no problem." I responded.  He also offered me some of the beans to give away as a part of what SMART does here in Honduras. 

 

After waiting several weeks for the beans to clear customs, they have finally arrived.... 44,000 pounds of beans...  Over 1,000 bags of beans... I have beans running out my ears!


As in every truck unloading there are the "talkers" who pretend to work and there are the "workers" who do their fair share and then some.  For example Tim Knoesten was inside and moved every single bag of beans... he qualifies as a "worker"!


Some of the workers were paid to help unload but some like Misael in the green shirt were volunteers.


Maybe I will give an update on the destination of some of these beans... If I have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment