Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5 2010 Prespire Choluteca Honduras

The other day I was driving down the road with a friend and all the sudden I threw on my brakes and came to a screeching halt. I threw the car into reverse. My friend sat looking at me like I was crazy and then she saw what I saw.... It was a little old man with two long sticks, one in each hand, crouched over with a humped back, ever so slowly shuffling up a hill which would make me pant.


I jumped out of the car and started asking questions to a man at the bottom of the hill and found out the old, crooked man's name. Little did his friend know that I would soon return.


This week, I returned and with a wheelchair from Free Wheelchair Mission. He is very happy. He says, "At my age, I am too old to be looking for a girlfriend, but if I was young, I would ask you out." He made my day! Then he began to tell me about his two friends which really need wheelchairs. I guess I will return to Prespire soon! Two more old folks need wheelchairs.

I love doing what I do, but it would not be possible without the help of my friends which donate money to pay for gas, hotels and food when I do these road trips. Thanks to all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment