Friday, January 9, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

These truffles are so easy to make it is scary!

Several weeks ago I baked several cakes and threw them in the freezer, just in case I needed one of them at the last minute. This is a habit which I have, since, the missionaries house always seems to have drop in, unannounced, surprise guests. Everyone knows that they can drop by anytime day or night (if I am in town) for a slice of cake and some homemade lemonade. Lemons are dirt cheap here, plus I have many, many lemon trees at the farm. The fruit trees are producing like crazy! I planted over 500 fruit trees 6 and 8 years ago and now I have 23 different kinds of fruit.

Back to the truffles, I took the cake out of the freezer and I started inventing!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

1 chocolate cake mix baked I add sour cream to make it taste better
1 teaspoons almond flavoring
¼ cup chocolate frosting
1/4 cup Chunky Peanut Butter
Small cupcake papers

Truffle Coating

Cocoa powder

1. Bake the cake as directed.
2. Freeze immediately in an airtight bag.
3. The next day take it out and let it stand inside the bag until it is soggy and room temp, it sweats as it thaws.
4. Place baked frozen and then thawed cake in mixing bowl.
5. Set aside Cocoa for Truffle Coating in small rounded bowl.
6. Add all other ingredients to the cake, except for Peanut Butter.
7. Mix and try to roll into a ball. It is trial and error. You need the mix to be moist enough to stick together, but dry enough to not be gooey. Add Peanut Butter 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the correct consistency.
8. Roll into balls and
9. Roll balls in Cocoa
10. Place in small paper candy cups (they look like cupcake papers, but they are smaller)

No comments:

Post a Comment