Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 27, 2010 Wheelchair Container Arrives



The container was so full there was not room for a piece of paper. Jose Benavides helps unload the first 1/3 of the container.









The local military base sent 15 guys to help us unload.

The customs people said that the container got a "red light" which meant that they needed to check all the boxes as we unloaded them to make sure that it was what we said it was. I said, "That's fine!" So the guy came and stood in the sun with the rest of us. Usually the "red light" means that they want some money for you to bring in things to help their people. So every time I get a "red light" they get to earn their day's pay. I never ever pay bribes! And I never bring in anything which is not noted and listed and legal.








It is a lot of hard work and several hours to unload a container by hand.

These boxes weigh a lot... My back would hurt if I did this, but they seemed to have no problem carrying these boxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment