Saturday, March 14, 2009

What A Wonderful Afternoon and Evening With Two Of My Grandchildren

Because of a "problemita" in the family, which will soon be resolved, my daughter Sarah has refused to speak with me for several months. I continue to send her emails and leave telephone messages every once in a while, but alas so far she remains stubborn and refuses to speak to me.

I am sure that some of you reading this BLOG have had tough times with your families and all that I can tell you is "wait" and pray and watch the Lord move. The heartache that children sometimes cause their parents is tough but there is nothing compared to a mother's love. A mother's love never dies, no matter how they are treated. A mother's love never fails, I have seen this as I watch 18th Street Gang members and their mothers which visit them in jail and love them even though they are accused of all kinds of terrible crimes.

Since my daughter has a "burr under her saddle" and refused to answer emails or telephone calls, and since I am not one to miss the opportunity to see my precious grandchildren, I called her husband and asked to see the grandchildren which I have not seen for a year since I last visited Kansas City.

It was hard to get a good photo of Michael as he is such a clown. But needless to say he did enjoy his Ice Cream Shake.



Michael, Christina, Great Grandpa ("Pawpaw") and Great grandma ("Nana") and Grandma (me) all went to Winsteads and ate ice cream.

Christina was really into the Chocolate as you can see by the evidence below her lower lip.

Christina also loved MY Onion Rings!






I was really bad and did something which I NEVER would have done as a parent. We went to Winsteads first where we ate dessert first then we went to SmokeStack BBQ and ate BBQ afterwards.

Pawpaw and Christina enjoying each other's company.

I dragged Christina away from her Sundae for long enough to get a quick photo with me. Nana is telling her to smile but she would rather be eating ice cream.



Nana and Pawpaw are still madly in love after 56 years of marriage. I am so blessed to have been raised in a godly, kind and caring family. My mom and dad and their parents, my grandparents, are precisely who taught me to live a life of giving to the poor and helping those in need. I am who I am because of all of them.

After ice cream and onion rings we were off to SmokeStack for BBQ. Casey my son-in-law joined us.

The kids took time to play and pester each other while we ate BBQ.


Unfortunately I was unable to see our other three grandchildren while visiting the USA. I hate it that I live so far away, but I know without a doubt that I am in the perfect plan of God for my life and that the work I do in Honduras has benefits and rewards some of which I may never know.

Time heals and truth always comes into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment