Friday, September 10, 2010

September 10, 2010 Children's Day With The Kids From The Garbage Dump


Last week I baked and froze 300+ cupcakes for todays event.
These are the precious children who were waiting when we arrived.


Aren't they cute?


There are always a few clowns in the crowd...


Look at these pink sandles and pink shirt...


And then there are the shy ones...


A friend took off work and went with me to help give out the cupcakes and pour the coke... I know neither of those are good for you, but it was Children's Day and they might not like Broccoli!


Not sure what the pucker face was about...


Some of the kids played with their friends on the floor...


I had to take a photo with the clowns...


Fixing hundreds of drinks...


Vilo Martinez, the good lookin' guy in the striped shirt invited me to participate in the event... He bought and brought hundreds of plates of food for the kids.  I was blessed to help give it out to them...


These kids are all children who scavenge in the Tegicigalpa City Dump...


A local pastor has set up a private school just for them with computers and everything...  It is a wonderful facility and that is where we held the event...

Getting ready to eat chicken and rice...

I am so thankful that I had a nice home to live in growing up and I am so thankful that my girls (Jessica Searcy Maldonado and Sarah Searcy Gonzalez) had a nice home to live in when they were growing up.  

Have you ever wondered why you were born where you were? and why your parents are your parents?  I think God placed me where He did because He knew I had compassion for those less fortunate than I am...  

I am thankful for those who help me with the ministry where I am able to help others.... I am thinking today of Jack DeLoss Taylor Trust and the Michael Martin family who have helped me tremendously this year.

Thanks also to my mom Mary Lucille Wallace Andrews from Buckner Arkansas who taught me how to cook.  Because of her I am able to be a blessing to others by making them tasty food...  And thanks to my dad who keeps everything going for me on the home front where I can be here in Honduras doing what I love to do...HELPING OTHERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment