Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011 Mom and Dad and Aunt Yvonne Come To Honduras To Visit


My mom Mary Andrews.  She is my inspiration, she taught me to give to others and help the poor.


My dad, my other inspiration, he taught me that I could do anything I set out to do.  He also taught me that, sometimes I must be willing to suffer consequences that might come with my decisions and actions, especially if I was "breaking ground".  Like when I was the first girl to take mechanical drawing in high school and had to fight my way into the class.


"Aunt" Yvonne... Another inspiration in my life... She helped me pack my things to move to Honduras.  She worked for days on end with no pay.  Packing may not sound like a big deal, but the fact is I had to inventory every single little thing for my permission to bring my things in duty free.  


Mom and dad after 58 years of marriage and still going strong and still very in love!
They have set a wonderful example for every one around them. And imagine at this age they are going to a 3rd world country to participate in mission work.


Dad teaching Jose how to eat watermelon...


Jose teaching dad how to eat soup...


Jose teaching dad how to relax in a hammock.


Dad practicing what Jose taught him.

All in all they had a great trip! They came for 2 weeks and stayed for 3 weeks.

The airport was closed due to smoke for a week, so we all enjoyed that extra time together.



No comments:

Post a Comment