Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20, 2013 My Friend Mercedes Has Passed On To Heaven

Jose came to my room and woke me up this morning, it seemed like I had tossed and turned and prayed off and on all night.  So I was still asleep at 7:30 am which is very unusual for me.  He needed me to correct the name on a Power of Attorney, which he is completely capable of doing, but if you can get help why not... right?  I fixed it in about 2 minutes but while doing it started looking at emails coming in.  23 emails had already arrived early this morning.

Today is supposed to be another day of paperwork.  I have scheduled appointments, filed several things which needed to be filed, answered all the emails except for one, which I answered and said I would answer later.  It was so long and so complicated it will take an hour or more to answer.

Downloaded more reports off the internet from the government of Honduras, more stuff to fill out and to look up and to turn in.  Probably another day of paperwork just on the one page which I downloaded.  Have I said lately, I hate paperwork.  Lord, please send me a bilingual intern who is very sharp and loves paperwork.  This one wants to know how many people we helped with what over the last years since 2008 and all the numbers on dollars and cents financially.  Who knows if I can pull all that together, but I must try.

Worked on permission for a missionary to take her foster child to visit the USA.

More paperwork... but in order to get it done, I must organize the ministry photos which I have been needing to do for a long time, so I just spent more than 2 hours on that project, now back to the paperwork which they need to be pasted onto... I am making a commitment to organize photos as I download them this year... Maybe that will happen, but maybe it won't.  I am going to try.  I do everything by date and then by subject.  It works for me. That makes it easier for me to BLOG, which I was really bad at doing in 2012 and now I must catch that up also.  But at least now I am organized enough to do it.  Look for a lot of blogs in the coming days, all old, but all important.

Posted the November 3, 2012 Blog... while eating 1/4 cup of raw almonds, a banana, 1/2 cup of blueberries and a cup of cantaloupe... all that for a mere 365 calories, 58 carbs, 15 grams of fat and 8 grams of protein... and while reading about Church Persecution In China... multitasking at it's best...

Fixed a telephone problem with TIGO, the cell company here.  The salesperson "made a mistake" and wanted the missionaries who called me for help, to deposit money into her (the salesperson's) personal account where she could fix it... Like dahhhhh who is going to do something like that.  So when I call the salesperson and tell her to fix it, she says she can't so I sit there for a minute not saying anything on the telephone and I guess she decided I didn't like her answer.  So she starts explaining to me how they (the missionaries) are going to deposit the money into her (the salesperson's) personal account and then she is going to take it out and pay the telephone taxes with it.  Then she is going to send them the new telephones which they bought, which were supposed to go out on Monday and now it is Wednesday... but that since the invoice for the telephones were written up as cash and not as credit it had to be done that way.  So I asked to talk to her boss and then all the sudden she could fix it but it would take several days, but she would do it, blah, blah, blah....  It never ceases to amaze me the corruption in this country.

3:27 pm I was just told that my friend of 8 years, Doctor Mercedes Gale Lemor de Argueta is dead.  I will miss her so much there are no words to explain.

No more paperwork today, going to be with her family.















No comments:

Post a Comment